September 17, 2020
To Our Marsh Members…
- New! fall menu begins in The Marsh Restaurant on Tuesday, September 22. Click here to preview!
- The Marsh Spa is now booking appointments for acupuncture, hair services and additional manicure and pedicure times, in addition to massage, facials and aquatic bodywork. Contact the spa to schedule your appointment at 952-935-8905. Click here for Spa Menu.
- Expanded personal training sessions are available in person at The Marsh or via Zoom. Contact Evan Strewler with questions or if you would like to schedule a session at 952-930-8512 or email@example.com.
- Due to state mandated capacity limits, please limit class registration to one class per day and be mindful of your exercise time to allow all members the opportunity to attend classes and use equipment.
- Follow all signage indicating equipment available in the Training Center which is spaced and marked to meet physical distancing requirements.
- The Training Center is closed for one hour Monday – Friday from 11:00 a.m. – Noon for electrostatic spray disinfection of the entire area. The Locker Rooms will also be disinfected during this time; however they will remain open.
- Remember to bring your own towel and water bottle (water bottle filling stations are available).
- Monday – Friday: 6:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Monday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 8:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Monday – Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
POOLS: Open times below are for the week of September 21 – 26 (subject to change)
Lap Pool – Lap Swim Hours
- Monday: 6:00 – 9:30 a.m. | 10:15 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. | 3:00 – 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 6:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. | 3:00 – 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 6:00 – 9:30 a.m. | 10:15 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. | & 3:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 6:00 – 9:30 a.m. | 10:15 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. | 3:00 – 6:00 p.m.
- Friday: 6:00 – 9:30 a.m. | 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 7:00 – 10:00 a.m.
Therapy Pool – Open Hours
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 6:00 – 10:30 a.m. | 11:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Friday: 6:00 – 10:30 a.m. | 12:30 – 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 7:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Please note: Due to the limited number of people allowed in the pool area, access to the Therapy Pool during class times will be limited to only those registered for the class.
ORIENTATION & SAFETY PROTOCOLS
We are committed to supporting your safety and wellbeing. Here are our current guidelines, to help orient you to this re-opening phase. Please review this information to prepare for a safe and rejuvenating experience.
As we gradually reopen, some of the first changes you will experience are indicators for safe physical distancing, mask requirements, the spacing of fitness equipment, ample access to hand sanitizer and sanitizer stations, and significant disinfecting of equipment and activity areas throughout the day. Other areas and amenities will gradually phase-in as we grow back to full capacity.
In accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidance, state health and government orders, and support of community public health, a face covering is required indoors at all locations in Minnesota, including The Marsh. Anyone who is engaged in vigorous activity (running, group exercise, intense weight lifting) is not required to wear a mask. It is acceptable to take the mask off when engaging in the activity and put it right back on once breathing has returned to normal. We ask that you keep your mask on when entering The Marsh and remain on until you begin your workout. Once you have completed your workout, put the mask back on. When entering a group exercise class, wear a mask until the instructor announces the start of class. Once instruction is complete, put the mask back on. Masks are worn in the Spa until directed by your therapist/esthetician to remove them for certain services. Masks are not required while in the pools.
Marsh employees are also required to wear face coverings with exceptions made for instructors who are conducting vigorous classes in the pools, or employees working in private office spaces when no other team members are present.
People with breathing issues that could be exacerbated by wearing a face covering or people who are “unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the cloth face covering without assistance” should also not wear a mask according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. If you have questions, please contact Evan Strewler, Marsh Health and Fitness Director, before planning your Marsh visit: firstname.lastname@example.org.
AIR HANDLING SYSTEM
We are proud that, from the inception of The Marsh, uncompromising consideration was given to the design and installation of state-of-the-art air-exchanges. The Marsh is currently one of the only buildings in Minnesota outside of ICUs, with such sophisticated fresh air ventilation and circulation.
We have also upgraded filtration to HEPA-rated filters and are changing them more often since the pandemic started.
We will also never completely close the outside air intakes which, in general, is common practice on hot, humid days. This will allow for fresh-filtered air to be constantly circulating throughout our facility.
- During this re-opening phase, The Marsh facility is open to Members only. However, non-members are welcome in the Restaurant and through reservation in The Spa.
- Wearing a mask is required upon entering, exiting and moving through The Marsh. Exceptions are allowed when exercising, when swimming or exercising in the pool, when having select Spa treatments, and when eating in the Restaurant.
- Physical distancing is observed throughout The Marsh, with one-way indoor traffic patterns implemented where possible. Please look for spacing markers on floors and seating areas, entry/exit signage, up/down stairs directional signage, and areas temporarily closed.
- Building entry and check-in is strictly through the main lobby on the east end of The Marsh. For exiting the building, please use the Restaurant door on the west end of the building.
- Before you enter The Marsh, you will pass a health screening (a series of four brief questions about your health status) and assent to abide by our physical distancing and safety protocols.
- Check-in is verbal (no touch) at the Front Desk. We will ask for your name and/or Member number. There are no on-site cash transactions. Membership, Programming and Spa transactions will be handled online or via phone, and charged to your Member account or credit card on file (or a credit card provided at the time of booking). The Restaurant provides on-site touch-less credit card purchases.
- As we settle into our re-opening schedule, we are asking Members to spend a maximum of 60 minutes per visit at The Marsh.
- Per government regulations, building capacity is limited and managed at the front door.
- Enhanced cleaning is in place throughout The Marsh. We are following stringent protocols for proper disinfection, operation and maintenance, especially continuous disinfection of high-touch surface areas. Look for hand-sanitizers at entries and other convenient locations, and disinfectant spray stations to clean equipment, machines and other surfaces and items. We are asking you to re-sanitize what you touch, before and after use, to help us protect the health of everyone in the building. Please know that our staff is receiving ongoing training on cleaning protocols and best practices.
OPEN NOW – Please see certain restrictions by area
- On the main floor and upper level: Main lobby for check-in only, Spa, Studios, Restaurant for indoor and outdoor seating and takeout, Walking Track and main floor restrooms. The elevator (from main to lower level) located by the indoor track stairwell is open.
- Lower level: Training Center, Locker Rooms (with lockers spaced for distancing) and showers (including shampoo, conditioner and body wash), Pilates Studio, Therapy Pool, Lap Pool, Japanese Therapy Pool, and restrooms by the Pilates Studio.
- Program offerings include: Studio and Pool classes, Pilates, Limited Personal Training in the West Studio, Limited Small Group Training and individual exercise. Each program area has its own protocols and guidelines.
- We also offer and will expand our virtual programs in the coming weeks.
TEMPORARILY CLOSED/NOT AVAILABLE
- We cannot offer personal amenities (i.e., razors, shaving cream, deodorant, mouthwash, body lotion, etc.), and hair dryers are not allowed in the locker rooms until further notice. The steam rooms, saunas and whirlpools are closed. We also cannot provide towel service, Spa robes or slippers.
- With limited locker availability due to safe spacing, we strongly advise to bring only what you need while at The Marsh and leave non-essential items and valuable items at home. You are responsible for the security of your belongings, including items left in your vehicle.
- Also closed until further notice: The Shop, Kids Club, Meditation Tower, upstairs meeting/event spaces, and overnight guest rooms. The elevator in the Spa is not available for use.
- Connecting with others is an integral part of The Marsh experience. Yet, striking a healthy balance between safety and socializing requires us to keep certain areas closed with seating removed and/or properly spaced apart at this time. Our expansive outdoor decks in fair weather provide a unique space to connect and catch-up while still observing safe, social distance.
- We ask you to carefully observe all closed spaces, walkways and directional signage to assure everyone is following physical distancing protocols.
BRING YOUR OWN
Towel, grooming essentials, water bottle (bottle filling stations are open but not the drinking spigots), yoga mat and other equipment that you need for personal use (please see available Marsh equipment by area below).
THE MARSH POOLS (please see weekly open times for the Lap and Therapy Pools at the top of this page)
- The Lap and Therapy Pools are open. In this phase, pool access is limited to Marsh Members and therapy clients only (sorry no guests, yet).
- Access for both pools is first-come, first serve. Advance reservation is not required for individual use but pool group classes require advance registration online.
- Allowable activities in the Lap Pool include lap swimming, water walking and individual aquatic fitness activities. Use is limited to two Members per lane. A schedule of classes and open times for lap and individual exercise will be posted online weekly.
- Allowable activities in the Therapy Pool include working hours for Marsh Trainers with their clients, Merz Physical Therapy with clients, and quiet hours for individual exercise and floating/meditation. Use is limited to 10 people at one time.
- The Men’s and Women’s restrooms by the Pilates Studio are open for use of toilets and sinks, one person at a time. Showers and lockers are not available in these restrooms.
- A schedule of classes and open times will be posted online weekly. Everyone must shower prior to entering the pool. You may use the showers in the locker rooms or on the pool decks — and please remember to bring your own towel. Towel service and other amenities are also not available. Please come prepared.
- All whirlpools, saunas and steam rooms are temporarily closed.
- Available Marsh pool equipment includes water belts, bells, paddles, gloves, kick boards and other shared Marsh pool equipment. You are also welcome to bring your own equipment for your personal use.
- Swim lessons and other programming will be introduced later.
- A minimum of a 6 foot physical distance is mandatory in and out of the water.
- Members must pre-register online for all pool classes. Open time in the Lap Pool and for lap swimming and individual exercise is first-come, first serve. Open time in the Therapy Pool is also first-come, first serve. (See updates at the top of this page for current open pool hours.)
- Enhanced cleaning protocols of pool decks and high touch areas is occurring, including railings, ladders, door and shower handles, and seating areas.
STUDIOS, TRAINING CENTER, PERSONAL TRAINING & PILATES
Guidelines for All Spaces Below
Members may remove masks during exercise but must put them back on when entering, exiting and moving around any area of The Marsh — including the Studios and Training Center — and when using the restrooms.
We can’t overemphasize hand-washing and sanitizing! The Studios, Training Center and Pilates spaces are equipped with cleaning stations of disinfectant spray, wipes and paper towel dispensers. All equipment must be cleaned after each use. You are asked to disinfectant all equipment and machines after your individual use. Staff will observe and ensure that these protocols are strictly followed for the safety of everyone.
Studio Classes & Personal Training
- Pre-registration online is required for Studio Classes. We will also continue appropriate group classes on the deck on fair weather days.
- All Studio Classes will be in the East Studio. Studios will be closed 60 minutes between each class to allow for electrostatic cleaning of space and carpet. Deep cleaning occurs every night.
- Stickers on Studio floors indicate physical distancing of 6 feet for stationary movement and 12 feet for cardio and dance movement classes. Please see the Studio schedule for capacity limits per class.
- Equipment allowed for studio classes include bars, chairs, foam rollers, dumbbells, plates, steps, pound sticks and cycle bikes. Not allowed: Marsh yoga mats (bring your own), stability and Bosu balls, tubing/bands and Pilates rings.
- In this re-opening phase, Personal Training will be conducted in the West Studio with select equipment and physical distancing protocols. The studio allows for a maximum of four trainers working with one client at a time, safely distanced in their indicated 12’ x 12’ area.
In the Training Center
- Training Center use is limited to 20 total people at any given time, including employees. Please see above for Limited Personal Training in the West Studio.
- The Training Center will close for one hour Monday through Friday from 11:00 a.m. to Noon for electrostatic spray disinfection of the entire area. This disinfecting process is also done every night.
- Equipment is spaced, marked and alternated to meet physical distancing requirements. Every other cardio machine is closed then rotated daily to reduce wear and tear.
- Strength and free weight spaces are marked for physical distancing of 6 feet. Select equipment in the free weight area will be limited or temporarily removed.
- Available training equipment: Select hand equipment, stability balls, Bosu balls and foam rollers.
- Not available in the Training Center at this time: Yoga and foam mats, tubing, bands, jump ropes, etc. You must bring their own yoga mat, if needed.
The Pilates reformers and other equipment have been moved to keep within physical distancing regulations. Until further notice, we can accommodate three instructors, each with one client at any given time.
Pilates Personal Training is scheduled by emailing Carol Pehle at email@example.com. Reformer classes are not yet available and online registration is closed until further notice.
- We are pleased to welcome you back to a personal spa experience designed to make you feel comfortable and safe. Marsh Members and the public are welcome.
- Wearing face coverings and observing all COVID-19 health and safety regulations, we are confident that we have created the space and time for relaxation and restoration.
- Please note that appointments are staggered for physical distancing and to allow ample time for proper disinfecting between each and every service.
- Spa Services Currently Available: Massage, nail care including manicure/pedicure, and facials. Waxing, brow and lash tinting can be booked as add-on services. All services are 40 minutes or longer; no express services at this time. Spa and skin care products are available for purchase.
Please expect these necessary adjustments:
- Spa appointments are made by phone only (i.e., no walk-ins or web bookings) and consent forms handled in your treatment room. Your services including gratuity and products will be charged to the credit card you provided when you booked your service or charged to your Member account. No cash transactions.
- Masks are required and must remain on unless guided by your technician to remove them for the type of service you are receiving.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your appointment and check in at the front desk before continuing to the Spa. Our staff will direct you to your treatment room where you will prepare and change. Restrooms are open but Spa locker rooms and the Great Room are temporarily closed. We also cannot offer Marsh robes and slippers at this time. Bottled water is readily available.
- You will complete a Client Intake/COVID-19 Consent Form. If your Spa health history form on file is out of date, or if you are new to The Spa, we will ask you to update that as well.
- After your service, your technician will discuss any product needs and arrange to have them ready for you at check out.
- Marsh Day Passes for non-members are not available at this time.
THE RESTAURANT IS OPEN TO ALL
- The Restaurant is open for limited indoor dining, outdoor seating on the deck overlooking the marsh, patio seating at the front of The Marsh, takeout service and curbside pickup.
- Please call 952-930-8560 to reserve a table (in accordance with State guidelines/rules) or to place a takeout order in advance. For spontaneous take-out, come to the walk-up window inside the vestibule of The Restaurant entrance at the west end of the building.
- We apologize for this inconvenience… but If you are dining on site, you must enter through the main lobby doors on the east end of the building, and exit through the Restaurant door. No interior access is allowed through the Restaurant entrance.
- You will notice that new COVID-19 compliant tables, chairs and other furnishings have arrived and are physically distanced per safety protocols. No self-serve is available for water, coffee, etc., and single use condiments are provided. Please do not bus your own table. Marsh employees will clear all dish and glassware and will disinfect all tables and chairs between guests.
- Click here to see our updated menus for breakfast (served from 7 – 11 a.m. Monday – Friday, and 7 a.m. – Noon Saturday), and our new fall lunch/dinner menu.
- Click here to view our beer and wine menu